Monday, February 19, 2024

F.R.O.G.


When I was much younger (in my 40's and early 50's) I would often wake up in the middle of the night, worrying about work.

In the wee hours of the morning, my eyes would look like Mr. Frog here - bugged out, trying to solve some work-related problem. That doesn't happen anymore.

"Well, Bob, you're retired now so . . ."

It's more than just the work aspect. What's interesting is that I don't worry about ANYTHING anymore. AT ALL.

And it's not like I haven't had anything to worry about. Friends of mine have died this past year. People I love have suffered through incredibly debilitating medical procedures.

I have friends and relatives who have been beaten, who suffer from anxiety and depression, and others who have lost their jobs. The world is at war, for heaven's sake. And still, all is calm within me. Why? What happened in my life to change all that once was?

Let's get back to my little frog friend. He looks pretty nervous, doesn't he? Maybe it's a snake stalking him. Or maybe he just looks that way all the time. It's his name gets the attention here, today.

FROG is an acronym for Fully Rely On God

When we fully trust in Jesus . . . FULLY rely on Him . . . anxiety and worries just leave us. Hey, I don't understand it. It just happens.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

If we claim  to be Christians, yet we still worry about things, are we FULLY relying on God? Isn't 'worry' thinking that God can't handle things?

It is the promised Holy Spirit living in the heart of every believer that calms our fears and gives us that peace.

If we say that we believe in Jesus yet we still worry, I say, "Really?" Are we fully relying on God?

Read those verses again. It says "the peace of God WILL," not that it might or may.

Remember the acronym FROG. What does the 'F' stand for?

Fully.

"Do not be anxious about anything" the verse says. Is that not a command? Are we not sinning against God then if we are anxious?

Trust in the Lord.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment