Saturday, February 17, 2024

God Reveals Himself


Samuel. He was prophet, the last of Israel's judges. He lived during the time of Saul and David. Samuel was powerful and strong in The Lord from his youth.

"The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, and He let none of Samuel’s words fall to the ground. And all Israel from Dan to Beersheba recognized that Samuel was attested as a prophet of the Lord. The Lord continued to appear at Shiloh, and there He revealed Himself to Samuel through His Word." - Samuel 3:19:21

Did you know that there is an often dormant gift from God awaiting all those who believe in Him? There is. It's right there in bold for all to see. The last three words of verse 21 above.

"He (God) revealed Himself to Samuel THROUGH HIS WORD."

God will do the same for all of His children. However . . . in a recent Barna group survey, not many Christians are making the choice to read these days. Only 48% of Christians in 2021 read their Bible at least 3 times A YEAR.

How is God going to reveal Himself to us, THROUGH HIS WORD, if we're not reading, and studying, His Word, the Bible? Hmm.

In my previous story I talked about our need to be salt to those around us. God revealed that to me, through His word. I read the Bible. God revealed to me, through His Holy Spirit, that I need to get out of the house more and into the community in order to become that salt that hasn't lost its saltiness.

God revealed to me that I need to spend more time after church, hanging out with my brothers and sisters. I need to spend time listening to THEIR stories, not telling them mine.

What will God reveal to YOU today as you read His Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment