Monday, August 10, 2026

It's A God Thing


Here's an interesting real-life story about how God works in our everyday lives.

I met with our local school this week and made my pitch for installing the last four holes on their disc golf course. They had been reluctant to allow it because they couldn't afford to purchase the baskets.

I told them about all the people who had come up to me during the past few weeks offering ideas for funding the basket purchase ourselves. All of those ideas were greatly appreciated.

I am a Christian and before my meeting, I prayed. I didn't pray, "Lord, make them let us do this!" Instead, I prayed this prayer. "Lord, whatever happens at this meeting today, let it be according to your will. I will be fine with it, no matter how it turns out."

At the school, the meeting began, and then this happened. I was introduced to the new building and grounds guy. A nice young man as far as I could tell. Then the business manager looked at his watch and asked me, "Would you have time to show us the course?"

That was unexpected but welcomed.

"Sure!"

As we got up to leave the conference room, I heard someone say, "Hi Bob!" from the lobby. It was a friend of mine. A little chat ensued and it was clear to all that we knew each other. Now, this is where one can see just how God works.

My friend in the lobby, who "just happened" to show up during our meeting, is the pastor of a local church. He is also the head of another local charitable organization that helps the homeless. And now, get this. He is also a member of the School Board. He is one of the bosses of the guys I was meeting with! Yes!

Was this a sign? An answer to prayer? It sure seemed like it to me.

On last thing. When I got dressed for the meeting that day I chose a disc golf shirt with a message. It reads, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Amen to that!

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." - 1 Timothy 2:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment