Wednesday, November 18, 2015

From A Distance

President John F. Kennedy gave a speech back in 1962 declaring that we as a nation would land a man on the moon before the turn of the decade. And we did. But before we actually landed there were several preparatory missions. Apollo 8 was the fist manned spacecraft to go to the moon and return.

We Choose To Go To The Moon - President John F. Kennedy

I will never forget that first picture they sent back. It was a picture of the earth . . . from the moon. Things on earth sure looked peaceful from that far away. Look at how beautiful the earth looks! It's incredibly peaceful. Compared to the moon in this picture it is definitely more inviting, warm and friendly . . . from a distance.

When this picture was taken there was civil unrest in our nation. We were involved in a very costly was in Vietnam, we were discovering drugs. It was a very dynamic, exciting, yet tragic time on planet earth.

Do you believe that God is watching us? I do. I believe God watches us like a teacher watches his or her class. I think God asks questions as He watches. "What do my children need to learn? Obedience, trust, faithfulness, love . . .then these are the lessons I will teach them.

God watches us from a distance but He does so by examining our hearts. We are not on this earth to see who can spend the most money or buy the most toys. We are here to learn and grow, to be transformed into the image of His son. May each of us live as if God were watching us . . . because He is.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." - Psalm 32:8

From A Distance - Bett Midler

No comments:

Post a Comment