Monday, November 9, 2015

I'm A Firm Believer

I am a firm believer in God. I'm not sure I understand why. I don't totally understand Him. There are many unanswered questions I have. But I have never been more sure He exists than I do today . . . or than I will tomorrow. I can't prove He exists just like scientists can't prove evolution or the big bang . . . theory. It's all just that. Theory.

The only way I could prove that God exists would be to rip open my chest and let others see a torn and broken heart, made well somehow. People would have to had to have known me both "before" AND "after" in order to see a difference. And still many would only see subtle outward changes, not the frustratingly obsessive thoughts I have about God on the inside. I know what I know . . . but no one else can ever fully know what has happened to me. Unless, of course, it has happened to you.

I am a firm believer that I myself can do nothing to convince people that God is real. I am also a firm believer that Jesus existed, He rose from the dead and He ascended into heaven. I can't prove it. I read it in the Bible. And how do we know that the Bible is true? There are just about as many opinions on the validity of scripture as there are people! So How do I know the Bible is true? At least I can tell you this much. One little passage proves all of these things to me. Want to know what it is? I wouldn't have brought you this far NOT to tell you!

Please, open your Bibles and read it for yourself. You can find it in the Book of John, the 14th chapter, beginning with verse 15.

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." - John 14, 15-17

That's it. Pretty simple. I have the Holy Spirit living in me. I KNOW that. And because those few verses have proven true to me, I believe anything and everything Jesus that tells me. Why? Because He cannot lie. That would be a sin. But here's the really sad thing.

I am also a firm believer that if you have not repented of your sins, sought forgiveness in Jesus name, and surrendered your life to Him, you're going to hell. I'm sorry, but that's what HE told me. And He cannot lie.

Now here's the frustrating part. There are so many people in my life that I wish were saved but are not. I cannot do a single thing about that fact other than plead with God to save them and tell them how amazing He is and how much He loves them. And here's another frustrating thing. God has His own plan. He is working it just fine without me and the people I would like to see saved. Don't get me wrong. He DOES hear me when I cry out but like Jesus said, "No one comes to the Father unless the Father draws Him." And how does He do that? How does He draw people to Himself? The Holy Spirit, the one who is living in all of us who believe.

We pray for all who do not believe. We pray for our enemies. We pray for those who persecute us, torture us and kill us. Why? Because we were commanded to by our God.

If you have not been saved. If you have not repented of your sins, offered your heart and soul to God in the name of Jesus, who rose from the dead, PLEASE do so today. It is not MY will. It is God's. He wishes that none should perish . . . none of those He has called. He wishes that ALL people come to a saving faith in Him. But He also knows that not everyone will. And that is sad. Truly sad.

God loves you so much!! Please, consider Him today. He will change your life, as He changed mine. Don't wait another day.

Jesus Loves Me - Willa Dorsey

[This story was written to an specific individual but it could have been written to anyone. Anyone in need of a savior.]

No comments:

Post a Comment