Monday, July 23, 2018

Why Me?

Do you ever have those days when you feel unworthy or just don't understand what God was thinking when He created you? I have those days a lot. It's not depression, it's more of a "why me?" thing. Why have you called me?

Jesus said, "No one comes to me unless the Father who sent me draws him." - John 6:44

Are you a Christian? Have you placed your faith in Jesus Christ? If you are, and if you have, that means that God has called YOU! I don't know about you but to me that's a pretty big deal! The Creator of the Universe wants me?

"3When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?" - Psalm 8:4-5

Good question! 

The Bible is fill with examples of how badly God wants us to follow Him. This desire culminated with the death of His Son, taking OUR punishment on Himself so that we could be with the Father. So, how do we handle this responsibility? How do we feel when we fail God?

I think God already knows how disobedient we are - how forgetful, how dishonest, how unworthy. Our depravity is the indicator of just how much Jesus we need. I need much. How about you?

Jesus said, "If you love me you will keep my commandments." - John 14:15. So, what does that mean when I disobey? Does it mean that I don't love Jesus? Jesus also said "there is no one good." Another indicator of our need for grace. And I think that is the key.

They key to our understanding of God's grace is that non matter what we do or don't do, God is willing to forgive and forget.

"As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our sins from us." - Psalm 103:12

God has made us some amazing promises. He will keep all of them. But we must come to Him, humble and repentant, or we get none of the above. It's our choice. God has given us free will to choose. It's up to us. How will we answer God's call today?

Who Am I? - Casting Crowns
East To West - Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment