Saturday, November 10, 2018

That Wedding Day

There are many things in life we never get to see. This past Sunday our pastor spoke about his getting to do and see things that most of us never get to see. Like stopping in to pray for the bride as her bride's maids readied her for her wedding day. Most people don't get to experience moments like that. But I did.

Our pastor talking about the beauty of a bride getting ready for her wedding in Revelation 21. Here's the text.

"Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband." - Revelation 21:1-2

This past summer I had the privilege of officiating at a wedding ceremony. Before the service I visited the small house where the bride was getting ready for her special day. I walked in, knocking, eyes to the floor, not wanting to see anything I shouldn't.

When I was told it was okay to enter I looked up and saw one of the most amazing sights I'd ever seen. A beautiful bride and her bridesmaids. They were making sure her dress fit just perfectly, they were arranging her hair just so and tended to her bouquet.

Previously I had only seen this particular bride wearing a sweatshirt and blue jeans. What a transformation!

When God sent His son to die for our sins, He was preparing us for OUR wedding day. The time we come together at the wedding feast with Jesus. God previously only saw us in our "blue jeans and sweatshirt" but now, thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus, we were adorned in our wedding dress. ready to get married.

We have not seen heaven either. Somehow I don't think we'll notice it at all. Because we'll be staring into the eyes of Jesus.

Wedding Day - Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment