Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Parable of The Bruised Banana

We all go through times in our lives when we get bruised or damaged in some way. The reasons may vary but the bruises are always the same.

When a banana gets damaged during shipping there is often no visible damage on the outside until we buy it and peel away the protective layers and then, there it is. The bruise.

We humans are much the same. When we get damaged in life we often choose to hide the scars. "Maybe no one will notice," we tell ourselves. So we keep it inside and conceal the hurt. The damage is still there but no one can see it.

"You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. 5 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me." - Psalm 139:1-5

God can see our bruises no matter how hard we try to conceal them. He is an amazing healer. But the key to being healed often lies with us. We have to WANT to be healed.

We all have some pain deep inside us. But have we fully turned that pain over to God, choosing  to carry it ourselves?

Sometimes a trusted friend can help. Or a pastor. But ultimately Jesus is the best healer of all.


No comments:

Post a Comment