Monday, November 19, 2018

Work

I have GOT to stop listening to pastors who preach the truth of God's Word! They get me so fired up, I feel so convicted, that I feel like I should repent and change my ways! Said no. Christian. ever.

Yeah, that happened to me this past week. I stayed up late (10:00) and decided to watch Wretched TV. I hadn't watch Todd Friel in a while so when it came on I lingered there for a moment. That was all it took.

He was talking about "work" and it featured a video by Voddie Baucham. Voddie is one of my favorite pastors to listen to because he speaks the truth right out o
f the Bible. He's not afraid who it convicts because it's true. It's God's Word!

Well, Voddie was talking about "work" and how we were never meant to retire. We were created to work until we die.

Ouch.

Having just retired this past March I have enjoyed not having to go in to work. I still do stuff but it was always on my schedule. When I get around to it. Then I listened to Voddie's message. The video clip is only 2 minutes but that was enough.

And then this passage popped into my head. Jesus speaking now.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ - Matthew 25:34-40

If I might be so bold as to add a line to this passage it would be, "Whatever even you DIDN'T do for one of the least of these, you DIDN'T do for Me."

I am currently building a tiny home to be used by people who might suddenly need a place to stay. At least I was building it. I kind of stopped because of the cold weather and having to do things I'm not really sure about. If Jesus knocked on my door right now and asked, "How's my tiny house coming?" what would I say?

What could I say?

So this morning I am going to venture out and get to work. Then, should Jesus stop by and ask that convicting question, I can say, "Let me show You!"

What things are getting in the way of our work for the Lord? We need to take a look at ourselves. Is there something stopping us from doing what He asked us to do? If there is, we should probably get rid of that thing right away, and get to work!

Why We Work - Voddie Bauchman

No comments:

Post a Comment