Monday, January 14, 2019

Turn Your Eyes

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head and it just plays on repeat? Over and over again it plays. Sometimes that can be really annoying but then there are other times that it is a welcome break in the monotonous lives we live.

For the past week or so I have had a song playing in MY head. I don't really mind. I often find myself singing it as I walk through my day. It's a good reminder for me and almost acts like a soundtrack for what's going on in my life right now.

A friend of mine lost her home to a fire this past week. She was seeking prayers for her and her family. I am meeting with another friend today who requested a meeting. Prayers offered up for him too. A young couple lost their vehicle and now have no way to get to their jobs. More prayers sent.

Then very early this morning I got up to go to the bathroom. Afterwards I decided to check my phone and there was a message from a young youth group friend, seeking prayers. Another young youth group friend is missing her mom who died from cancer this past year.

Each time I respond to the situations and prayer requests I find myself singing or humming my "song of the week".

Is there something I can pray for in YOUR life? I absolutely love praying to God on your behalf. Although my heart goes our to all my friends and loved one's who are hurting or find themselves sick, I love lifting you up in prayer.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:1-3

So, as we walk through this day, may we turn our eyes upon Jesus. The burden we walk with each day is always made lighter when we have someone n our lives willing to share the load.

"9 Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. 10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up." - Ecclesiastes 4:8-10

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace"

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Alan Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment