Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Sick

Well, yuck. Today I am sick. I was sick yesterday too. But I find that, in my sickness, I feel closer to God than when I am healthy. So I rejoice in that, knowing that regardless of the outcome I will closer to my King. And that makes me smile.

Being sick is something none of us really likes. Although my illness has shown me a few things. First off, I miss my friends at work. I usually visit them on Tuesdays but I was sick. Being sick shows me how much I really love them and appreciate them.

Secondly, I have been reading the Bible more. Ironically, I just finished reading Leviticus which is filled with all sorts of rules and regulations about what should be done with sick people. Perfect reading for me. I look forward to being "clean" again and to being allowed back into the camp. LOL!

I think the thing I enjoy most about being sick though is the opportunity to spend more time with God. Whether it's in prayer or simply just thinking about Him, it's all good. I am forced to slow down and rest, which is something everyone needs.

So if you fin your self not feeling so good maybe it's time to reflect on the blessings you still have. Friends, family, a chance to rest and get well, so many blessings.

"Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you," - Exodus 23:25

God loves us whether we are full of energy and feeling well or whether we drained of all life and just staring at the walls. I we look to Him, He will heal us. Maybe not in the way we were hoping but in a way that will bring Him glory. Look to Jesus and be cleansed.

I Look To You - Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment