Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Quiet of The Morning

This morning was not a good morning for me. I was pretty frustrated. Do you ever get that way? It's not fun. BUT, I found something today that washed away all of that frustration. Want to know what it was?

A few weeks ago our pastor was preaching out of Mark 6. Right before Jesus fed the 5,000. There is a short passage of scripture that explains it all.

"30 The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. 31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

32 So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place." - Mark 6:30-32

Do you have a quiet place where you can go to "get away from it all"? I do. For me it's the woods or, more specifically, a trail through the woods.

When I get frustrated in life all I have to do is ask myself, "When was the last time you went for a walk in the woods?" My answer to that question is usually, "Too long ago" and then I go for a hike. I always feel better afterwards.

For me, hiking puts everything in perspective. I begin looking at the beauty surrounding me and I quickly forget about the struggles within me. I can spend time talking with God about my struggles. I watch the birds flying from tree to tree and all my frustrations just fade away.

Jesus often went away to a quiet place and prayed. Why was that do you think? I think it was because He wanted to spend time alone with God. When was the last time you did that?

Do you have a quiet place you can go to? Right now? What are you waiting for?

Fields of Gold - Sting

No comments:

Post a Comment