Saturday, September 28, 2019

Consider This

My wife and I are taking a trip through the upper peninsula of Michigan. Our plan is to relax and just enjoy ourselves. That still might happen but day one was filled with challenges.

First off it rained most of the day. That's alright I guess. We were driving for most of it. But driving in the rain is not fun for me, especially when you're stuck behind a semi. I could barely see the road through all of the spray from his tires.

Finally we cam to a town and decided to stop. I was glad for that. A chance to relax and take things easy. Or so I thought. We went into an antique store. Usually I hate that but they had some old tools and old books.

However, when I looked closer at the bookshelves I found some interesting titles like the one in the picture. I considered what the label said - "Satanism: All Reasonable Offers Considered." I thought about that for a while. I believe what is says is true.

We humans love our various religions. Even atheists have their religion. There are countless denominations and faiths. Which one is right I wonder? As a Christian I believe in The Five Solas.

Sola Scriptura - Scripture Alone
Sola Fide - Faith Alone
Sola Gratia - Grace Alone
Solus Christus - Christ Alone
Soli Deo Gloria - Glory of God Alone

That's it. Anytime somebody adds something, some "consideration", we're starting to get into the area Satan wants us to get into. "All reasonable offers considered."

There is only one true church - those who have placed their faith in Christ, serve the One True God, we give Him all the glory, believe that God's Word is inerrant in its original text and that we are saved by God's amazing grace. There are no other considerations to be given.

If you are considering anything to be true other than those five things perhaps you should check which bookshelf section your Bible is in.

In Christ Alone - Owl City

No comments:

Post a Comment