Saturday, April 4, 2020

Lean On Me

One of the coolest things about this whole virus situation, if one can be found, is how people have found ways to be "together" while still being apart.

The first example I observed of this phenomenon what a guy visiting his dad in the nursing home. Although the nursing home was on lockdown, his son still visited his father through the window in his dad's room.

My family has done a similar thing - sending videos and pictures back and forth to one another. Any way we can still stay in touch is a good thing.

Text messages have increased in frequency. People are checking in with friends and family members to see how they are doing. That's wonderful.

Prayers have increased as well. I have been praying and reading more than I ever have. That's great!

I have found that my late night prayers are always calming. I wake up in the middle of the night, all worried about something. But then I pray, and continue praying until I fall asleep. I wake up in the morning and all of my worries are gone.

Being isolated is a hard thing to do when we love spending time with people that we love. So, send a message, make a phone call and make someone's day in the process.

On my birthday last Saturday I received a call from a childhood friend wishing me a happy birthday. Totally unexpected yet very much welcomed.

No one likes to be alone - at least MOST people that is. Is there someone "alone" in your life? Write them a letter or a short note. Send someone a text or call them up and tell them you miss them.

We all could use a little encouragement these days. Encourage someone today!

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness." - Hebrews 3:13

Bill Withers died last week. He was a song write and performer. You will recognize this song of his. Jesus "sings" these same words in The Bible.

"Lean on me, when you're not strong. And I'll be your friend. I'll help you carry on."

Lean On Me - Bill Withers

No comments:

Post a Comment