Saturday, April 25, 2020

Missing You

I have a prediction. When all of these "safer at home" restrictions finally end, there's gonna be a WHOLE lotta huggin' goin' on.

The one thing we have missed the most during this time of isolation and quarantine has been our personal relationships.

We all have friends and family members who we love and miss. Maybe we've even snuck out and visited some of them - from a distance of course. It's going to be crazy when we finally get the "all clear" and we can restore our relationships to the way they were meant to be - close, personal and loving.

Restoring relationships is one of the best God-honoring things we can do as humans.

There is one relationship we can restore right now. We don't have to wait for any kind of permission slip or signal from the government. We can do it right now! Right there where you are. It's our relationship with God.

Our sins are what separates us from God. Just ask Adam and Eve. They ate some fruit, they got quarantined from God and the rest is history. But God has given us a way of restoring our relationship with Him. Repenting of our sins and believing in His Son, Jesus.

Will our ultimate reunion with God be like the photo above? I kinda think it will be. It can be. All it takes is for us to humble ourselves and repent.

Father, I'm sorry. I know I have sinned against you. I've done things I shouldn't have done. I apologize. I can't seem to help myself. I realize now that I need your help. I need your forgiveness. I need You. I have known all along really that you are who the Bible says you are. I need You. Can You forgive me?

Praying a prayer like that or even coming to that realization in our hearts is all it takes. And, just as I predicted above, all of the restored relationships will be happening after we emerge from this pandemic, I see the same thing happening when Jesus returns or when we see Him with our own eyes in heaven.

And, oh boy, what a glorious day that will be!

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." - Romans 10:9-10

What A Day That Will Be - The Gospel Plowboys

No comments:

Post a Comment