Saturday, October 9, 2021

Last Days

When you get to heaven and Jesus asks you what you did during your last days on earth, what will you tell Him? Will your answer please Him? The Bible gives us several good answers to choose from.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." - John 13:34

Jesus loved us so much that He sacrificed His own life so that we could live with Him forever. That's sacrificial love. Do we exhibit that kind of love for others in this world? Do we go out of our way to spend time with a friend who's struggling? Do we spend any of our hard-earned money so that others might have food and shelter?

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." - John 15:13

Will we spend any of our last days with God - reading His Word, spending time in worship and in prayer? Will we be praying for those who persecute us, those who do not believe in our glorious God? Or will we spend our last days bemoaning our condition or taking trips on a giant cruise ship?

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself." - Matthew 22:36-39

There is a pattern in the teachings of Jesus - to love. Loving God, and loving one another all seem to be very important in God's eyes. They should be equally important in OUR eyes as well, don't you think?

"Well, Lord, I spent my last day witnessing to my nurse about You, I spent time with my family members. I blessed and prayed for each one. And then I looked my spouse in the eyes, squeezed her hand, and now, here I am with you."

"That sounds like a wonderful day. Well done, good and faithful servant."

So.

What shall we do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment