Saturday, October 30, 2021

Waiting Impatiently

My bride was in Colorado this past week. While she was away I learned a few things about myself.

First, it was a lot quieter. Lol! The television didn't get used to much. No football games, no home fix-it shows.  Silence. That was a good thing.

There was also no one to talk to. That can be both good and bad. It was a whole lot quieter but there was also no one to talk to when I really wanted to talk. That was sad. Thank God for friends!

The next thing I noticed was I slept really well. I'm not complained or anything. Just making an observation. I slept like a rock!

But the main thing I noticed was just how much I missed my bride and how much I really didn't like living in an empty house. And the yearning increased the closer it got to the actual time of her arrival.

That's when I thought about Jesus. He's the bride groom you know. I wonder if He misses us.

When it's time for him to come get us, will He be waiting outside the airport like I was yesterday? I don't think so. When it's time, our meeting Him will happen in the twinkling of an eye.

"It will happen in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed." - 1 Corinthians 15:52

I also heard He was going to meet us in the air. Do we have to check our bag first or do we just jump up into His arms?

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever." - 1 Thessalonians 4:17

One thing I know for certain, as I sit here waiting at the airport, I can't wait to see my bride. And quite honestly, I can't wait to see Jesus either.

No comments:

Post a Comment