Saturday, June 11, 2022

God Works


It's interesting, how God works. It seems to me that His workings often take unthought-of forms and work in the most unexpected of ways.


Last week a mom contacted me through our disc golf clubs Facebook page. She wanted to rent or borrow some discs so that her kids could try out disc golf.

I carry a small selection of unclaimed lost discs in my trunk (for such a time as this?). Some have been in there for years, despite repeated attempts to get them back to their owner.

"You can have these."

We met at the local course on Thursday, where I gave them a brief lesson on the basics. I taught them about throwing, putting, the flight characteristics of discs, and some basic rules. But I learned something at the same time. About God.

I taught these people with love. I wanted them to learn. I encouraged them as often as I could. I corrected them when they were doing something wrong. In the end all had improved, all enjoyed playing a new sport, and all were given a free gift.

Doesn't  that sound like what God does? Isn't that how God works? He loves, He chastens, He instructs, He blesses. And He gave us a "free" gift - His Son.

"For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.” - Hebrews 12:6

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4

God has blessed me with three new friends. I shared the knowledge I had with people who did not know - to help and encourage them. That's how God works. Multiplying blessing upon blessing for ALL of His children.

It is an honor and a privilege to be used by God for the accomplishing of His purpose and for His glory. Teaching disc golf? No. For loving others and sharing the good news of Jesus.

God is not done with these people. He's not done with ANY of us. He keeps right on refining and teaching, loving and blessing. Love the Lord! He loves you!!

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment