Saturday, August 6, 2022

My Refuge


As we watch the happenings in the world these days, it's easy to get dicouraged or disheartened. I find that my heart is, more and more, preparing itself for what I believe is to come. The soon return of Jesus.

It hurts me to say this but, I don't think that there is any hope for America, or the world for that matter. Our depravity will only get worse, in my opinion. That is a sad thing for me to admit that.

That's how I was feeling when I picked up my Bible yesterday morning. After reading one chapter, I found my hope restored and lifted up. Go grab your Bible and let's read Psalm 91 together. (There's a link at the bottom of this story).

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." - Psalm 91:1

Do you trust in God? To you 'dwell' in Him? Could you use some 'rest' in your life? Do you live your life FOR Him? If you do, you WILL find the rest you need.

"I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” - Psalm 91:2

Do we trust God? And I mean REALLY trust Him? Are you sure?

Verse 9 has an amazing promise.

"If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent." - Psalm 91:9-10

Wow! Are you feeling better yet? Let's finish with this reassurance: 

"Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.
" - Psalm 91:14-16

My hope is found in Jesus. Not in anything that man can do in this world. I pray that you would place your hope and trust in Him as well. I pray that you would find rest for your souls and that you will see His salvation.

Next month is September, the month when, I believe, the rapture of the church will occur. I'm not sure of the year but I always get excited for Rosh Hashanah. This year the Feast of Trumpets is September 25-27.

Is the Lord YOUR refuge?

1 comment:

  1. I am supposed to be on vacation duri g the rapture? That'll be interesting. Thanks Brother, I needed the boost.

    ReplyDelete