Saturday, November 19, 2022

How May I Serve You?


"Be careful what you pray for. You just might get it."

Have you ever heard someone say that? I mean, if we pray for something, why would we ever regret receiving what we prayed for? Well.....let me give you an example.

Have you ever prayed to be more patient? God just might give you something that will test your patience. You will struggle, but you will also learn to be patient.

Recently I prayed, asking God how I might serve Him more. I was intentionally not very specific in that prayer, wanting God to choose the way for me to serve. That was Wednesday morning. Thursday afternoon my prayer was answered. 

I can't tell you specifically what happened. Clearly though, God had provided a wonderful way for me to serve Him. And I did so gratefully.

If you are a child of God and you pray earnestly for something dear to your heart, God will answer that prayer.

"Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4

How many times do we miss every day opportunities to serve God simply because of our own inability to see them? Or by our own selfish requests in our prayers?

Shouldn't we just pray for God to use is in whatever way He wishes? That's what Jesus prayed for when He said, "Not my will, but Yours be done."

Yes, Jesus did have a personal request in His prayer (take this cup from me), but He ultimately set that aside and prayed for whatever God wanted for Him.

It feels so good to be used by God. It is also an honor. So, why don't we pray that way more often? Good question.

"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." - 1 John 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment