Wednesday, November 2, 2022

First Sight


"
No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known." - John 1:18

When we die, whose face will be the first to greet us? A mother? A brother? A child? A spouse? Or will it be Jesus? Impossible to say.

Who would you like to see? Because God knows our every one of our thoughts, would He send someone special upon our arrival? Another unanswerable question.

I watched a movie a few years ago about the apostle Paul, who was beheaded for His faith. Upon his arrival in the after life, Paul was greeted by a little girl who he had killed before he met Jesus. She gave him a great big hug. Wow.

Then the little girl's family and others also embraced Paul. Their forgiveness was pure and sweet and complete.

Then Paul slowly turned around. It was at this point in the movie, with tears in my eyes, that I blurted out, "Where is He?"

Then, there He was, standing on a nearby hill. Jesus. It was absolutely perfect.

I don't know who will be the first to greet me after I die. But I DO know this . . . I WILL see Jesus. And THAT will be absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment