Saturday, November 5, 2022

I Don't Care


If anyone wants a really good name for a restaurant, try 'I Don't Care.' Half the people on the planet want to eat there.

"Honey, where would you like to eat tonight?'

'I don't care.'

See?

The phrase 'I don't care' can have multiple meanings though. First, a person might not actually care. They like all kinds of food, so it really doesn't matter to them.

Second, someone might be busy doing something and, when asked, they will say 'I don't care' just to make the conversation stop so they can finish doing what they were doing when they got interrupted.

Third, there is the rare person who doesn't really care where they eat, as long as they can be with the person asking the question.

Which one are you? I have been all three.

Jesus was that last person, I believe. It didn't really matter WHERE He ate. He wanted to talk with you about your sin and His Father in heaven.

"While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.” - Mark 2:15-17

Jesus didn't care where He ate or what He was eating. Jesus was there for the conversation.

So, where do YOU want to serve tonight? And why?

Father, what is it that you would have me do for you? I don't really care what it is or where it is. If it is something you want of me, then send me. Encourage me along the way. Guide my steps. Open doors, or close them. Whatever it is that you want, Lord, that is what I want too. I don't care. I love you and want to serve you and you alone. Thank you for your sacrifice on my behalf. Help me to serve you. It is your wonderful name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment