Monday, November 14, 2022

The Cry of My Heart


We can sometimes hear our hearts beating, if we are quiet enough. Or if we exercise hard enough. But have you ever heard your heart weeping?

Just before leaving for church yesterday I checked Facebook and learned that a friend of mine had suffered a stroke. He's married, has two kids, and is just 34 years old.

My heart sank. A father and husband suddenly hit with a life-changing medical emergency. So incredibly sad. My friend has a long period of recovery ahead of him. I prayed for him and his family.

During worship we sang a song that had these words in it. They served as a reminder to me. Especially the last seven.

"It is the cry of my heart to follow you, all of the days of my life."

Each of us has both good days and bad days. We're supposed to worship God and follow Him ALL of the days of our lives. Not just the good days.

When we experience bad days in our lives, we should rejoice. Those are the days our hearts cry out to God the loudest. They are the days when we draw nearer to God.

What does 'the cry of my heart' sound like?

It sounds like a prayer.

I hope you have a good day today, but if you don't, take heart. And let your heart cry out to The Lord. All of the days of your life.

"In my distress I cried out to the LORD, and he answered me." - Psalm 120:1

Cry of My Heart - Terry Butler 


No comments:

Post a Comment