Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Reunited


Have you ever watched on of those videos where a soldier returns home to surprise their loved ones? I love those! They never fail to bring a tear to my eye.

Videos like that remind me of the story of The Prodigal Son in Luke 15.

"I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’ And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." - Luke 15:18-20

Who in your life would you like to see return to God? A sister or brother? A parent maybe, or a child. The list of the lost, unfortunately, seems to be growing instead of shrinking these days.

If you read the whole story of The Prodigal Son there are five words that are key to any return or repentance - "when he came to himself." A person must realized that they have sinned against a holy God before The Father will embrace them and welcome them home. 

So, let that be our prayer. That our lost loved ones would realize their 'lostness,' repent, and come running into our arms. What a Christmas gift that would be! But more importantly, may they also run into the arms of Christ.

"You were right! I HAVE sinned against God."

Let the hugging and kissing begin!

Reunited - Peaches and Herb

No comments:

Post a Comment