Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Dandling


I learned a new word today, so I thought I would pass it along. Who knows, maybe you can use it with your kids or grandkids. The word is 'dandle.'  Here it is in a sentence.

"For this is what the Lord says: “I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled on her knees." - Isaiah 66:12

The Lord was referring to Israel in His words to the prophet Isaiah. The word 'dandle' means "to move (a small child) up and down on the knees or in the arms in a playful way."

We all have probably dandled someone a time or two and never even knew what it was called! But this is an important word when we consider how much God loves us and what God desires to do to each one of His children.

God was talking to His people, Israel. But God was also talking to ALL of His children. Us! Can you get a hint of how much God loves us in that He wants to bounce us playfully on His knee? Amazing!

I think that if God did that with me, I'd pass out immediately. The Creator God, who made all things, loves us that much? Wow!

And the way things are going these days, it won't be long before the dandling begins. Maranatha! Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment