Monday, March 6, 2023

The Big Question


There is one question we all must answer at some point in our lives. And it's not 'Do you believe on God?'


There are many gods. The 'Do you believe in God?' question is far too broad and therefore meaningless.

We need to be able to answer the question that God will ask all of us one day.

"Are YOU righteous?"

That's a big question for sure. Only the righteous may enter heaven. The answer to the "Are you righteous?" question, of course, is no.

"There is no one who does good. Not even one." - Romans 3:12

We must be righteous if we are going to gain entry into heaven and have eternal life. But how?

"Who then can be saved?" - Luke 18:26

That brings us to John 3:16

" For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

There's the REAL question.

"Do you believe in Jesus?"

Many will answer yes to that question. But do they? Do they really believe in Him? Do they even KNOW Him? And, more importantly, does Jesus KNOW us?

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" - Matthew 7:22-23

I never knew you...... ouch.

I wonder if that shouldn't really be our prayer.

The Bible says that God knows our hearts. He knows our thoughts. So shouldn't our desire be to have pure thoughts and clean hearts so that when He examines us He will find us righteous like Noah, Daniel, and Job?

"If I send a plague into a land and pour out my wrath on it through bloodshed, killing its people and their animals, as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, even if Noah, Daniel and Job were in it, they could save neither son nor daughter. They would save only themselves by their righteousness." - Ezekiel 14:19-20

Heavenly Father, you know me. I am unworthy of the grace You extend to the righteous. My only hope of forgiveness, eternal life,  and entry into heaven is through my faith in your Son, Jesus. So I cling to Him in my belief and in my desperation. I repent of my sins, seeking Your forgiveness, Lord. I trust in your promises of salvation through your Son. And I thank you for blessing me with your adoption of this poor soul into your eternal heavenly family. I thank you, Lord, and I praise you, and it is in the name of your Son Jesus that I pray these things to You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment