Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Hug Warning!


Today I am writing to warn you about the duration of any hugs I might be giving out in the near future. There's a reason for their lengthiness. It is today's story.

This past Friday, a mother and her two daughters were ambushed by a Palestinian gunman in Israel. The two daughters, Maia (20) and Rina (15) were killed immediately. Their mother, Lucy (45) died three days later. The father remains, to look after their remaining four children. Prayers for him and his family.

I've had several opportunities to give out hugs this past week. I consider myself blessed to be able to do so. The father and husband in the story above can only remember what it's like to hug those who are now gone.

How many people have you hugged in the past week? For me the answer is 10. But that's abnormally high due to Easter. The norm is about 3-4.

My wife, daughter, and granddaughter just left for an all-day shopping trip in the city. Before they left, hugs were given. Then my granddaughter said this to my wife, "I squeezed his neck! Ha ha!"

(sigh)

Again, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment