Monday, April 24, 2023

The Parable of the Weatherman


Weathermen are notorious for predicting,  and with great confidence I might add, the weather events of the future. The truth is they just make their best guesses based on previous weather events, as modeled by today's computers programs. Even with all that they are never 100% right.

One of our Green Bay weathermen has what he calls 'The Three Degree Guarantee.' He predicts the high temp within 3° 95% of the time. That's nice. But why isn't it 100%? Because he knows he could never make predictions that are always right. He's a human.

God's prophets are pretty good at predicting. That's because they don't predict. They just repeat what God tells them. GOD is 100% right, 100% of the time.

When Jesus said that He would return one day, I believe Him. He is always 100% correct. He also said that we would be able to tell the season of His return. Surely we must be getting close.

Now I have a song stuck in my head. There is a link to it at the bottom. The song is based on the words of 2nd Timothy 1:12

"I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day." - 2 Timothy 1:12

Do you KNOW who you believe in? God is 100% right in what He says, and in what He does, 100% of the time. He knows the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10).

And He loves YOU!

I Know Whom I Have Believed - Fountainview Academy 


No comments:

Post a Comment