Saturday, July 29, 2023

Wash It All Away


Back in June I wrote a story called Five Finger Death Punch. I had seen of video of one of the band's songs and thought it was pretty good. I also saw another song of theirs recently called Wash It All Away. Perhaps you can tell why it caught my attention by one of the lines in the chorus. It sounds like a prayer.
 
"I'm waiting here for anyone to wash it all away."

So am I, buddy. So am I. But I'm not waiting for just anyone. I'm waiting for Jesus.

"Our sins are washed away and we are made clean because Christ gave His own body as a gift to God. He did this once for all time." - Hebrews 10:10

It's been pretty hot here lately. When I go outside to work in the yard I get all sweaty and dirty. Then, when I come inside, I take off my sweaty, dirty clothes and take a nice cool shower. It feels wonderful to be washed clean.

Our spiritual 'clothes' get dirty everyday. And oh, to know that they are washed in the blood of the Lamb is a wonderful feeling.

The picture above is from the movie John Wick. Across John's shoulders is a tatoo that reads "Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat." That's Latin for "Fortune Favors The Bold."

I don't know about the 'fortune' part, but I  do know this...

"In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul." - Psalm 138:3

Thank you Lord for washing us clean. May we stand boldly in this world, for You and for Your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment