Monday, August 14, 2023

In The Clouds


Our family was at a reunion in Michigan this past weekend. After the big lunchtime get together was over, we returned to the farm and were all sitting on the back porch, talking. Then someone said, "Time for dinner!" And just like that, I was suddenly alone.

"How can we possibly be hungry after all the food we just ate a few hours ago?!" I thought to myself. Yet, here we are.

That's when I looked up and took this picture. The clouds we moving right to left and a nice breeze was blowing too. Very peaceful. 

It is written, "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen." - Revelation 1:7

I quickly scanned all of the clouds. Nothing. Rats.

Are we ever-watchful? Are we always looking for Jesus? I sure am. I didn't always feel this way. But lately, I find myself thinking about His return more and more. And personally, I can't wait!

"Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory." - Mark 13:26

"Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord." - 1 Thessalonians 14:7

I have heard people say, "What a beautiful, sunshiny day! There's not a cloud in the sky. " I'm thinking, "Sunny, with an increasing chance of clouds" sounds better.

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His." - Philippians 3: 20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment