Monday, August 21, 2023

Spiritual Anemia


I went to the doctor last week with symptoms of low energy and dizziness. They took some of my blood and called me later that day with the results.

"You're anemic," the nurse said. "We need you to take 325mg of iron each day and we'll check you again in four weeks."

Hmm. Low iron level. Maybe I should chew on some nails or eat more steak?

That got me thinking. What do they do to concrete to make it stronger? They add steel (iron) to it. Rebar we call it, in the construction industry.

How do we add "rebar" to our walk with Jesus? How do we add strength to our faith?

Read God's Word, the Bible. Study it. Memorize it. Having scripture at the ready can strengthen us when we feel spiritually weak. 

"Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Do you have a friend who keeps you sharp, spiritually? Do you talk about God together? Do you share one another's burdens? Do you pray together?

May God provide you with such a person if you have a need.

I started taking an iron supplement and now I am starting to feel better. If we supplement our faith by reading God's Word we will be spiritually stronger in no time.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." - Isaiah 40:29

No comments:

Post a Comment