Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Ping!


First, this is not a political post. And although you might recognize the woman in the picture above, this isn't about her either. Today's story is about technology and how we are never really alone.

Fanni Willis is the district attorney in Fulton County, Georgia where she is prosecuting former president Donald Trump. During the proceedings her relationship with Nathan Wade came into question.

They admitted to a romantic relationship beginning in 2022. But then evidence came to light proving that that was a lie. And that is the REAL story here:

"Nathan Wade’s phone has been tracked to District Attorney Fani Willis’ home late in 2021, well before the pair claim they were a couple, according to a bombshell new court filing." - Newsmax report

Wade's phone was traced, in 2024, back three years ago to 2021. They were able tell where he was three years ago! Today!!

I have several questions. What kind of records do our phone companies keep on us anyway? And how can authorities even track our phones to begin with?

Last question first. There are apps available that will "ping" your phone. If your phone goes missing, or you want to find out where your kids are, there's an app for that.

What does all of this have to do with God?

God knows exactly where we are and what we are doing every single second of our lives. He sees everything. He knows everything. Yet somehow we think we can get away with things? I don't think so.

"O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!" - Psalm 139:1-6

We need to remember whose we are at ALL times. Someone, it seems, is always watching. Ping!

"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." - John Wooden

Oh, and regarding the first question: What kind of records do our phone companies keep on us? Whatever they want. We signed the user agreement when we bought the phone.

Have a nice day! 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment