Back in the day, my wife and I used to watch a lame old TV show called Emergency! It fearured two paramedics saving people's lives in a variety of situations, all sprinkled with a dash of humor.
When they arrived at the hospital, doctors quickly took over. Often, they would have a nurse hook up an IV to the patient and say, "Lidocaine drip! Stat!"
You and I can also get into "times of trouble" occasionally. Jesus has told us we would.
"In this world you will have trouble, but take heart. I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Jesus is our lidocaine, in a manner of speaking. He eases the pain in our lives and makes tense situations more peaceful.
The problem with my analogy is "the drip" eventually gets disconnected. That's not a good thing where Jesus is concerned. If anything, let us increase the flow!!
"Oh, precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow.
No other fount I know
Nothing but the blood of Jesus "
Yes, please! "Jesus drip, only LET IN RAIN!"
And that reminds me of a worship song.
Lord, when times get tough, when we go through things that would break many, You rescue, you save. When those we love are sick or hurting, may your healing power rain down on us from heaven. You reign over sickness, death, and pain. Heal this land, Lord. Heal this people. Itvis your merciful name I pray. Amen.
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” - Revelation 31:4
Let It Rain - Michael W. Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment