When Monday morning arrived, I knew it was going to be a good opening day of Vacation Bible School (VBS). How did I know that? Oh, there were signs. 🤟
Sign #1 - It was raining when I left the house. When I got to church, it was not. There were a few drops here and there, and then the sun came out. 😎
Sign #2 - The ASL hand sign for Jesus. Answers In Genesis uses hand motions in their videos for kids. Whenever "Jesus" is mentioned, they use the actual sign language for His name, alternately touching the palm of the hand with the middle finger of the opposing hand. A literal sign! That happened on Monday. Twice.
Sign #3 - My man Felix! Somehow, I was able to pick him up and give him a hug. He's getting big!
But Sign #4 was my highlight for Day #1 - Vicki, our pastor's wife. My teaching partner Chuck and I had a few minutes left over at the end of our lesson, so we went over the Gospel again. Chuck was speaking to the kids, on my right. That's when I noticed Vicki coming our way. She was clearly on some mission for someone. I glanced at the kids and then back at Chuck again. That's when I noticed Vicki had stopped and was just standing there, praying, just around the corner. I think I might have been the only one to have seen it. What a blessing! Vicki had stopped "doing" and was standing there, "praying," as Chuck delivered the Gospel. We leaders "do things," and sometimes, too many things. But God does the BIG things, and he let me see someone interceding on behalf of these children. What a blessing to behold!
"Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died, more than that, who was raised to life - is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." - Romans 8:
There are many more wonderful "signs" yet to come. I'm sure! God is SO good!
[As I publish this story, Day 3 of 5 will soon be underway. Stay tuned!]

No comments:
Post a Comment