Saturday, October 20, 2018

Pressure Relief

I was watching a video about tiny house plumbing this week. Yes, my life IS that exciting. The guy in the video was talking about pressure relief valves and why they are needed. I think I could use one!

The pressure in your home water system (if you have a well like me) varies between 40 and 60 pounds per square inch. That's normal.

Sometimes however pressure amounts can go higher. So high as a matter of fact that your system can explode and spew water everywhere. I'm no plumber but . . . that sounds bad.

That's why there are pressure relief valves. When the pressure gets too high the pressure relief valve lets the excess pressure escape until the system gets back to normal levels.

Sometimes I find that I am in need of a personal pressure relief valve. I might get upset watching the news or I see a Facebook post that makes me shake my head in disbelief. When I start to simmer it's nice to have my safety valve in perfect working order when it occurs.

I think the Holy Spirit is our spiritual relief valve. He calms us down when we get too hot. He steps in when life begins to go bad. He de-pressurizes any situation we might find ourselves in. OUR biggest problem is allowing Him access - listening to Him instead of ourselves, or Satan. Sadly, we usually do the latter.

Look at the world today. There's lots of pressure building up, everywhere it seems. Wouldn't it be nice if there was less tension in the world?

"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

The next time you are in a stressful situation or find yourself about to explode, pray. Ask God for help. He has sent His Holy Spirit to help us. Let Him!

Holy Spirit - Francesca Battistelli

No comments:

Post a Comment