Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Roll With It

We've sure had a lot of disruptions in our lives lately, haven't we? Well, here's one more my wife and I are adding to the list. The Cardinal Family.

First we've had the Covid-19 thing, then the murder hornets, now people are rioting everywhere and there's talk about defunding the police. It's a crazy world!

It was made even crazier last month when mama cardinal built a nest right outside our living room window. My wife and I love our backyard birds. But these feathered friends of ours are really cramping our lifestyle.

We can't go outside the front garage service door because the nest is right there, so we go out the back door. That was proving tricky too because Mr. and Mrs. Robin built a nest on our back door light. Thankfully they moved to a bush on the other end of the house, by the dryer vent where everything spells April fresh.

How do we handle all the disruptions that life brings us? I guess we could complain about it. That's what everybody does on Facebook and Twitter. It doesn't seem to accomplish anything except making people mad.

I guess my wife and I could just use the garage door like we always did. Forget about those darned birds! But that would disturb our guests. Remember, we love our birds.

And there you have it. That's our story of disruption, AND society's answer. Did you catch it? It's love!

My wife and I chose to place the bird's needs above our own. We don't really NEED to use that door. We just take the long way around the garage when we go out. We chose to just roll with it. A lot of stuff can be minimized by simply rolling with it rather than complaining about it.

True, there's SOME stuff going on that we just can't "roll with" but no matter the situation, there is always an opportunity to love our neighbor. That is God's first and greatest command!

I kind of think God wants us to roll with most of life's things and turn to Him in prayer for the rest. Let HIM roll with it!

"Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" - Psalm 118:5-6

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him." - James 1:12

"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." - Psalm 94:19

Roll With It - Stevie Winwood

No comments:

Post a Comment