Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Four P's

We are an impatient lot - we humans. Just like the Queen song says, "We want it all, and we want it now." Haven't people ever heard of the saying, "Good things come to those who wait?"

Do you have patience? No? Got tired of waiting for it, huh?

I had a brief cognitive thought yesterday and came up with this - The Four P's - Prayer, Patience, Provision and Praise.

I am building a tiny home in our yard but I hit a snag - me. I think I got burned out. Anyway, I prayed about it, asking God to provide someone that could finish it. Anybody.

Then the phone rang and it was a friend of mine who wanted to talk about the tiny house. Someone she knew was interesting in tiny houses and providing low income housing in our area. Interesting.

A few days later my wife needed a shed built fir the community garden she is in charge of. She volunteered me to build it along with another guy. So, the shed building took place yesterday and the day before. Guess what. This guy I am working with really like tiny houses and living off the grid. He's a carpenter. Do you see God's hand in this?

As we were cleaning up the job site my new friend said this to me, "If you ever need any help with finishing off your tiny house, I'd be interested. Call me."

Well, there it was. I prayed. I was patient and God provided. All that's left is the praise. Let us praise God with every word that comes out of our mouths, with every action we take.

"Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
in the heavens.
2Through the praise of children and infants
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
3When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
4what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?"
- Psalm 8:1-4

Famous One - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment