Monday, November 30, 2020

Crowds of Opinion

 There are two types of people in this world, and I am Type II. (That's a diabetic joke) We all have our opinions and beliefs about various things. But does our opinion really matter?

For example, I have an opinion about bologna. I think bologna should come in a square shape instead of a round one. That way it would match up with my slice of bread shape and the shape of my cheese slices. Oh, my world would be perfect then. Every bite would taste the same! But that's just my opinion.

Sadly, bologna doesn't come that way. It only comes in a circular shape so what should I do? I suppose I could start a Facebook group or create a movement, get a 501c3, and start raising money for my cause. But why?

There is actually a deeper question that needs to be answered here. What if it is the bread and cheese manufacturers that are wrong? Should they be forced to conform to the round shape of the bologna manufacturers? Too deep for me. Each business has made a choice. Their decision was based on what was best and most cost effective for them.

What is the point of any opinion if it doesn't have its basis in fact? Or in truth? "Meaningless!" as King Solomon would say. But that's just my opinion. It too is meaningless.

If we cast aside all of the opinions and belief systems out there, there are STILL two types of people remaining. Those who believe in Christ and those who don't. Jesus has said that He is "the truth" (John 14:6). Is He right? He has also said that He is the Son of God (Luke 22:70). Is that correct?

That is a question that each of us must answer for ourselves, which brings me back to my opening statement. There are two types of people in this world - those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God and those who don't.

What do YOU believe?

Did Jesus Really Claim To Be God? - Ravi Zacharias

No comments:

Post a Comment