Saturday, November 21, 2020

One Voice

I am going to admit something to you right now that very few people know about. It's been a secret for nearly 40 years now and it's time to bring it out in the open. Are you ready? Well, you think you are but you're not. Lol!

My wife and I used to listen to Barry Manilow back in the 80's. There. I said it. We even went to one of his concerts. I remember that night very well because the Brewers were playing the Cardinals in Game 7 of the World Series. And there I was missing the game!

Last week I was on YouTube and I saw an old song of Barry's so I played it to give my wife some laughs. But as it played the lyrics caught my ear and the way the song was put together made me wonder what it might be like to be singing songs of worship in heaven one day.

It will be like a giant Zoom meeting, only everyone will be together!

Just one voice. Singing in the darkness. All it takes is one voice. Shout it out and let it ring

Just one voice. It takes that one voice. And everyone will sing!

"Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!”

13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power for ever and ever!”

14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped." - Revelation 5:11-14

One voice! They worshiped and spoke as one. All worshipping Jesus, giving Him honor and glory and power forever and ever. We will all be doing that together one day, worshipping in one voice. Better get practicing in church on Sunday. We'll want to be in our best voice, our "one voice", when He returns.

One Voice - Barry Manilow

No comments:

Post a Comment