Monday, December 7, 2020

I Want To Know

My wife and I went out to lunch yesterday. We have a quiet little out of the way diner we like to go to where the food is good and the service is excellent. They play 80's music and my wife and I try to name the bands. I always win, but yesterday was unique.

After a Michael Jackson song ended (she knew that one), another song came on yesterday and my wife asked me who it was. "Foreigner." I quickly replied. Smiling as I listened, the words of the chorus caught my attention. What a song for this time we are living in.

"I want to know what love is,
I want you to show me.
I want to feel what love is,
I know you can show me."

Does that sound like a prayer to you? It does t me. I sounds like a DESPERATE prayer, as if prayed by someone who has never known love at all. How incredibly sad. It also sounds like a prayer we all should be praying right now.

To know what love is is actually the easiest of all things to do. Just ask. The trick comes in asking that special someone. The one who is willing to show you.

Jesus.

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." - John 15:9-13

Do you want to know what love is? Just love Jesus. Doing that one simple thing will bring forth more love than your heart can hold.

I Want To Know What Love Is - Foreigner

No comments:

Post a Comment