Monday, December 21, 2020

The Innocence of a Child

I could look at this picture for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. It's a picture of my granddaughter. The photo was taken by my daughter at Roche-a-Cri State Park.

For me, my personal connection is enough reason to love this picture, but this picture also tells a wonderful story, which is for everyone.

Children are amazing little humans. So innocent at times. Brutally honest too. There is much to be learned from our kids.

Innocence. Once lost, it can be a very difficult thing to regain. Yet, the Bible tells us we are supposed to be innocent when we stand in front of Jesus one day. That's the way I read this verse from His very lips.

"Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." - Matthew 19:14

When we grow older we lose that innocence and replace it with responsibility and guilt. That's not a good thing. Oh, to have that precious innocence again, and to live a guilt-free life. It is possible, through Christ.

"Narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." - Matthew 7:14

Look at that picture again. My granddaughter doesn't have a care in the world. She is surrounded by prickly weeds and nasty bugs but she doesn't care. She is running toward her destination - full of confidence. What an example for us older humans!

May each of us have that same confidence when we come before Jesus one day. Not being summoned before Him in fear, but running towards Him with the innocence of a child.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." - John 14:27


What Child Is This? - Vince Gill and Michael McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment