Sunday, April 25, 2021

T-E-S-T

I downloaded an app for my phone the other day. I uninstalled it today. Why? Because it was taking the place of something very near and dear to me. My God.

Phones can be a distraction all by themselves, but add an addictive game app or social media to your daily routine and it can quickly become an obsession.

Some people can control their phone usage. When it comes to puzzles and games, I can't. I tend to obsess. When our obsession takes the place of our time with God, that's a problem. It's called idolatry. It's a sin.

I think that we Christians need to constantly be examining ourselves when it comes to things like this. If there is anything that interferes with our time with God, it must be eliminated.

This story is a day late in coming to you. Why? Yep. I was too busy playing my new little game to write one. I also discovered that, even though I tried to write one, the inspiration never came. It was lacking. Not good.

Is there something in your life that is getting in the way with your time with God? Perhaps you should take a look. We are to be "set apart" from the world. Not to be a consumer of it.

If my little word game could offer advice to the Christian it would be

E-X-A-M-I-N-E

T-E-S-T

D-I-S-C-E-R-N

Nothing should be coming between us and God.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you - unless, of course, you fail the test?" - 2 Corinthians 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment