Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Trust and Obey

Well, I've got a song stuck in my head. Again. This time it's an old hymn - Trust and Obey. Whenever this happens I do two things. First, I wonder if God is trying to tell me something. And second, I listen to the song. It's in my head for a reason.

When I listened to the song this morning these words hit me. "When we walk with the Lord, in the light of His Word, what a glory He sheds on our way!"

I see all of the violence in our streets these days and I wonder how many of these people know Jesus. My guess would be ZERO! And that's our problem. At least from my perspective.

The young girl who was shot by police the other day. The media immediately jumped to conclusions. "Oh, it's a white cop killing a black woman." No. It was a police officer assessing the situation and protecting a potential victim. 

'PROTECT and serve' is the motto of the police. He was doing his job. The young girl with the knife was not doing hers. If only she would have trusted and obeyed the law, she would be alive today.

How are you and I doing with trusting and obeying? Do we trust in times of trouble? Do we obey when we are being tempted?

Life would be so much easier and so much more enjoyable if we would only follow the three words in the title of that song - 'trust' in God. 'obey His commandments."

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him (obey), and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust And Obey - David Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment