Saturday, May 29, 2021

Everyone Is A Lesson

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart."
- Jeremiah 1:5

Think about what God just told Jeremiah. God knows us before we are born. So, why are we born then? What is the purpose of us being born? I think it's to learn things. To grow. To make decisions and learn from their consequences.

Think about your relationships. Some last a long time. Other relationships are very short. Some can end abruptly while others simply fade away. What do we learn from them?

Our earthly relationships are a reflection of our heavenly relationship with God. Are our earthly relationships strong? Are they one-sided? Are they self-sacrificing? Unconditional?

As I see relationships in my life come and go, I think about my relationship with God. It changes all of the time. Somedays it is strong. At other times I wonder if it's there at all.

Our relationships are often one-sided. It can seem that, if we ourselves didn't keep the relationship active, it would simply fade away. So, should we let that relationship end? Should we let it fade? What does God do with US? What does God do when we ignore Him?

What lesson do we learn when a cherished relationship fades in our lives? I think the lesson we can learn is two-fold. First, we can learn exactly how God feels when we ignore Him. And second, we have an opportunity to show others how wonderful God's unconditional love truly is.

When God said, "I will never leave you or forsake you," does that line up with how WE treat our relationships?

Is there someone in your life right now who has faded away, relationship-wise? Does God allow that to happen in His relationship with us? WE are the ones who walk away in God's relationships, not Him.

We should reach out to the other side in ALL of our relationships. With our friends, with family, and with God. How will we reach out today?

Reach Out Of The Darkness - Friend and Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment