Wednesday, May 12, 2021

I'll Follow The Son

Here's how my mind works. I can go from a 'cat' to 'The Beatles' to 'Jesus' in 0.5 seconds.

I was sitting in the living room the other day when my wife comes walking in. She looked at our cat and said, "The last time I came in here he was sitting over there and now he's over here."

"He likes to follow the sun," I replied. Sun . . . SON.

And there you have it. I'm thinking about Jesus. AND for a special bonus, I am singing a Beatles song along the way.

"One day, you'll look to see I've gone, for tomorrow may rain so I'll follow the sun."

Only I sing "sun" with a capitol 'S' and an "O' instead of a "U."

Jesus has that effect on people. Once you meet Him you will become changed. You will never be able to forget Him.

Some people don't like to "follow the Son" and that's their choice. It's a fatal choice, but it is theirs to make, even though that choice will lead to their death.

I have non-believing friends and family members, as I am sure you do. I've tried talking to them, as I am sure you have too. Walls go up, defense systems are armed and active. Still, I think, we must never stop trying. Our words and our actions WILL have an effect.

We all have struggles in our lives. Life 'rains' on our happy times. Still, through all of our struggles, through all of our pain, we'll follow the Son. And we wouldn't have it any other way.

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." - Joshua 24:15

“Do not urge me to leave you or to turn from following you.
For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live;
your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.
17Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried.
May the LORD punish me, and ever so severely,
if anything but death separates you and me.” - Ruth 1:16-17

I'll Follow The Sun - The Beatles
I Will Follow - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment