Saturday, September 4, 2021

The Journey Home

Each of us is on our own spiritual journey in this life. Some of us take short walks around the block while others travel long distances, searching for the truth.

We all assume that we are on the right path in our walk. But what happens when the trail fades or we find ourselves standing on the edge of a cliff? Should we turn back? Or should we take a giant leap of faith?

Occasionally we encounter people on our journey who act as guides for us. They might say something of offer up some piece of advice that finds its way into our hearts. They act as guides for our walk. Have you met someone like that in YOUR life?

We ourselves might be influencing someone else's journey. Something we say or do might cause someone to stop and take notice, or even alter the path they choose to walk on.

I have a guide book that I use for my spiritual journey. It is filled with all kinds of tips and warnings of things to watch out for along the way. Guidebooks can be handy if we know that we can trust the author.

The authority of our guidebooks and and trail guides is of critical importance. Are they trustworthy? Are they true? Our life depends on the advice they give.

I have chosen to trust in God, Jesus (His Son), and the Holy Spirit. The Bible is my guide book. None of these has failed me. Not once.

Others might choose to walk a particular path in life and follow a particular belief system. That is their choice. But as for me and my house . . .

I Have Decided To Follow Jesus - Elevation Worship

"Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good purpose." - Philippians 2:12-13

I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment