Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Helplessly Hoping?


It has been said that "absence makes the heart grow fonder." That's true. Oh boy, is it ever.

As an example I give you my granddaughter. She is absent from me now but one day she will visit and we will play silly games and make goofy faces at each other. Until then I an hoping to see her soon. I have hope. But it is not a helpless hope. I KNOW I will see her again.

What concerns me though are those people in my life that don't know Jesus. Am I 'helplessly hoping' that one day they will change their minds and believe? Where do they find their hope? 

A few words from Crosby Stills and Nash:

Gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit, he runs
Wishing he could fly

Wordlessly watching, he waits by the window and wonders
At the empty place inside.

How sad it is to be without hope, without the possibility of a future - a forever future, in Christ.

Let's pick up our Bibles and find some hope then.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

More hope....

"Renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ." - Titus 2:12-13

Titus tells us that Jesus is our hope. Therefore, we should not be 'helplessly' hoping but rather PATIENTLY hoping....FAITHFULLY hoping....JOYFULLY hoping.

More hope....

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Helplessly Hoping - Crosby Stills & Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment