Saturday, September 3, 2022

The Watchman


In biblical times, watchmen patrolled the walls of the city. Their job was to keep watch (obviously) for invading armies and other dangers that might harm the people.

They were much like shepherds of their day - "keeping watch over their flock by night" (Luke 2:8). They had a very important job.

In the Book of Ezekiel, God laid out the responsibilities of a watchman, and the consequences for not doing the watchman's job. 

If the watchman did not warn the people, their blood was on the watchman's head. But if he warned them, and they ignored his warning, their blood was on their own head.

"When I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. “Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself." - Ezekiel 3:18-19

It is difficult seeing all of the evil that exists in the world today. It will be even more difficult for us if we keep silent and say nothing.

That's one of the main reasons I write these stories. I read about something in the Bible, or I hear a good sermon in church, and I share it. Often it is in the form of a warning.

Jesus has promised to return for us (His Church) one day. I believe Him. Why? Because He cannot lie. He said that He will return and take us to be with Him.

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

The time of His return is imminent. Many theologians feel it could be any day now. I have written before concerning this time we are living in.

Rosh Hashanah, the Festival of Trumpets, is coming up quickly. It is my belief that during this feast Jesus will remove His church from the earth.

I don't know the exact day or hour. Nor do I even know the year. But I do know that Jesus has promised to do this. And the time is coming soon.

Look at the world. It's gone crazy. This is a sign that the end is near. Read Romans 1.

You might say, "People have been saying that for years." That's true. But one day they will be right, and the Church will be gone.

Will you be one of them? Or will you be left here to deal with this ugly mess?

There are three weeks and a few days until Rosh Hashanah. Should He return this year, will you be ready?

The following is a link to an article about Jesus fulfilling the prophecy on the Jewish feast days. Read it and discern for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment