Saturday, September 10, 2022

Two Weeks Notice


Have you ever left a job and turned in your two weeks notice? I did that a few times. It actually felt liberating. There was suddenly no pressure at all. What are they going to do? Fire me? I'm leaving! I have another job waiting for me.

I keep thinking about the Feast of Trumpets, which is just two weeks away. I know I just wrote about it but I can't get it out of my head. Only now, with THIS two weeks notice, I am feeling LOTS  of pressure. Pressure to share the Gospel. And to pray.

This week I heard from a former youth group kid. I love it when that happens. They already know I'm going to ask them about Jesus. No pressure!

But our text conversation was different. This kid asked ME what I needed prayer for? What?!? That's MY job! Lol! But it felt so good knowing that someone was praying for me.

"Thank you so much for your prayers. I will pray for you as well. Maybe we could pray together soon."

This kind of thing should happen all of the time, but it doesn't. And quite honestly, that's what's wrong with this world. Not enough love for one another and not enough prayer for each other. I don't do either of those things enough.

Each night before falling asleep, I pray for whoever pops into my mind. Some are newcomers, some are permanent recipients of prayer in my life. But all get prayed for. And then , whenever possible, I let them know they HAVE been prayed for.

God tells us we should pray in private and not on the street corners. I get that. But the times we are living in right now are so uncertain....well, sometimes I think we need to know someone's praying for us. Know what I mean? 

We should let people know that we are praying for them and also let people know that we love them. Why?

Two weeks.

None of us knows the future. None of us knows for sure when Jesus might take us away from this mess of a world. Let us be remembered as someone who loved and who prayed.

What would you do if you found out that Jesus was coming for His church in just two weeks time? Wouldn't you do the same?

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." - John 13:34

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." - Ephesians 6:18

Pray and love. Seems pretty simple. Neither one costs anything but both could be priceless to someone who is in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment