Monday, January 2, 2023

Staring


I have been doing a lot of staring lately. Not at anything in particular. Mostly I stare in disbelief and usually it occurs during news broadcasts, when I hear some unbelievably stupid story. That happens a lot. I stare at a lot of politicians.

Staring is okay if you're looking at something beautiful - like a landscape, a painting, . . . or a dozen doughnuts of assorted kinds of course. Especially the jellies. Lol! Just kidding.

My phone gets stared at a lot. I often spend hours wondering what I just did to make it suddenly stop working. I'm still staring at it right now, trying to figure out what to write next.

I imagine we'll be doing a lot of staring when we all get to heaven one day. Our mouths will be open in wonder too. That's understandable. We've never seen anything like it.

Some people won't be going to heaven though. They haven't placed their hope in Jesus. They'll be staring at us when we meet Him in the air. They will be doing a LOT of staring! "I thought I was good enough," they will say. Nope. No one is.

“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!” - Acts 1:11

One way to reserve your spot on the upcoming "flight for life" is to receive the Good News of Jesus Christ. The video below will tell you all about it.

Oh, my dear friends, to be standing in that most perfect of places, staring into the face of Almighty God! What a day, a glorious day, that will be!

The Gospel - Paul Washer


No comments:

Post a Comment